Banner Guidelines – Koldus North Plaza
Please read the following guidelines before submitting the Banner Reservation Request Form.
- Only vinyl banners will be allowed.
- Horizontal length of banner must be 10-25 feet long.
- Vertical height of banner cannot exceed 4 feet.
- Banner must have metal grommets at each corner, and spaced every 2 feet along the top.
- Content of banner:
- Complete name of sponsoring organization/department is required.
- Banner must advertise on-campus events or functions sponsored by recognized student organizations or academic/administrative departments. Banners may also advertise departmental resources available to the campus community.
- All banner material must be in compliance with University and Student rules.
Reservations & Cancellations
- Recognized student organizations or campus departments will need to submit a completed Koldus Banner Reservation Form to the Hospitality & Events office on the second floor of Rudder Tower.
- Recognized student organizations and campus departments may initially reserve a Koldus banner location twice a semester. If extra reservations are needed, the organization may submit an additional request (pending availability) to the HES office one week prior to the requested reservation date.
- Reservations will be made in one-week blocks, beginning and ending on Sunday, and the banner must be displayed the entire week. There will be one banner location (between the columns closest to the main entrance of Koldus) that may be an exception - this will only be for special campus-wide events (i.e. Silver Taps) where the banner is not appropriate to be displayed for the entire week.
- Reservation requests will be accepted beginning April 15 for the fall semester and November 15 for the spring semester, and will be accepted (pending availability) through noon on the Friday prior to the requested week. Reservations are assigned based on a priority system, including the date of the request, size and longevity of the advertised event, and space availability. Banner reservations may be moved to accommodate official university functions.
- Reservations are non-transferrable and that space cannot be given to another group.
- Failure to cancel banner space one week prior to the reservation start date will result in lost of future privileges to make banner reservations.
Set-Up & Removal
- HES Staff will set up and remove all banners. Any organization who attempts to hang their own banner will lose the privilege if making future banner reservations.
- HES will not assume liability for any lost, damaged, or unclaimed banners.
- Banners must be dropped off at the HES office by 2pm on the Friday prior to the week of the reservation.
- Banners will be available to be picked up from the HES office beginning at noon on the Monday following the end of the reservation.
- Banners must be picked up by the end of business hours the following Thursday; any banners left in the HES office will be removed and thrown away.